Aftercare Guidelines for Permanent Makeup Receivers
- No touching the makeup area with your hands.
- For 10 days afterward, please avoid: chlorinated pools, Jacuzzi, steamy showers, saunas, soaps, rough facial cleansers, Retin-A, gym exercises and generally sweating, wetting and washing the pigmented area (while taking a shower turn your back to the water), or extensive sun exposure.
- If you see scab on the pigmented area, under no circumstances, remove it by picking, scratching, or washing! You might remove the pigment along with the scab.
- Put on a very thin layer of ointment 1-2 times a day for a minimum of 10 days, until the scabs fall off completely. Thoroughly wash your hands before and after each such care session.
- Use a clean Q-tip to steer clear of an infection. Use gentle face cleansers, but without touching the treated area. Do not put conventional makeup on your pigmented area!
In case you’ve ever had cold sores or herpes simplex, I have to advise you to stay on preventative medication for at least 4 days after any lip-related procedure in order to prevent the outbreak or scarring.